Saturday, September 03, 2005

How 'bout dem dawgs

Well, game one is over.
Quick story...
Fellow came in to my store and decided to talk some football (west coasters know nothing of SEC football). He was asking me what I thought about our chances. Apparently, he put money on Boise to beat UGA by more than 7. I said, "are you serious, didn't you want to make money?"
So he was all, "they have lost their best players, and Boise has all of theirs returning, plus they scored more points last year than the teams save for USC."
So I was all, "yeah but who'd they play last year?
"Well, they did pretty well against Louisville."

Does anyone see where I am going with this? This guy was a moron. Anyways, I tried to tell him that we are not going to play a hard team for our first game, and to that he said that they had scheduled that before Boise got quote unquote big.

I finally said, "brother, good luck to you, I hope for your sake that you come up, but don't be surprised by a big loss for Boise."

Well the game is over, and Georgia beat the tar outta those spud lovin boys from Idaho.

Final score 48-13... How 'bout dem dawgs!!

I cannot watch much Georgia football out here, and even less now that we don't have cable. So I bought a subscription to listen to the games on my computer. Only 10 bucks a month. Whoa only 10 you say? Yes! 10 bucks gets me some Larry on Saturdays and some sweet live pictures from the sidelines as well as video highlights. Lets see some...


Shockley had a great day throwing for 5 touchdowns (tying a school record) and ran another in himself... Shockley... It's about time you were given your chance. You waited a long time to get here, and you stuck with it, that says a lot about you...


Whoever said our defense wouldn't stack up to last years... Well they were probably right, but still, the D-line makin it look easy. Plus 4 interceptions in the first half, last year I think we only had 5 all season.



It looks as though towards the end, they let us just walk right into the endzone. It doesn't get much easier than this. Look at the bronco faithful, it's heart breaking, they really thought they had a chance...

With all that said I think Boise will only enjoy one week in the top 25. Easy come easy go. Right ponies? Err Broncos.

2 Comments:

At Sun Sep 04, 02:19:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though Master Kim misquoted the expression, "strike while the iron is hot," I too, found your blog to be revealing ... so much that I've considered canceling my subscriptions to:
The AJC
The Red & Black
The Buck & Kincaid Show
and Leonard’s Losers
and sending the funds to you for your insightful, unbiased and delightfully entertaining commentary on UGA football. Hopefully, someone in the Dawg Nation will send your blog to the Dean of Georgia football - Larry Munson - so he can rectify the Left Coast's lack of media (radio & TV) coverage of the Dawgs.
I can hardly wait for the next Dawg victory and your colorful observations.
Note: I'm proud of you for not taking advantage of those WAC & PAC fans by relieving them of their foldin'-money.
G-Dawg

 
At Thu Sep 08, 07:45:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Ryan! You impress me more every day! I really think that sportscasting or writing may be a part of your future! Go Dawgs! (And Gracie too - you love her as much as Uga, don't you!)
Love,
Mom Turner

 

Post a Comment

<< Home