Some info...
I am looking for some information on fasting. If anyone has some verses/how to's/what's involved/basically anything about them, could you please post them in the comments section?
I am trying to figure out what I need to do with my lfe when Court and I return to Atlanta. I was thinking about one of those 40 day fasts like Johnny did, but that sounds pretty tough, so I am trying to find out about it.
I oculd always just shave my head in a vow like Paul, although I might be mistaken for some neo nazi out here...


3 Comments:
Email JMH, he's always commenting on his computer literacy and how it’s improving. Didn't you email him regarding a church referral and didn’t he respond? Keep in mind that was merely a suggestion. You’ll probably need to modify it to fit your schedule (modification doesn’t equate to inserting hot wings when the urge hits) just as you & Court found a church on your own. Glad to hear you’re seeking guidance in this matter. They didn’t provide that type of instruction at UGA? Please don’t research it at the LA Scientology outpost. I’m not impressed with their methods or membership.
An alternative would be to get some info from the net regarding the Native American method. It might require scoring some peyote buttons and building a hut in which to sweat and burn sage.
My fun & practical alternative would be to plan several trips back to Athens (stopping in Atlanta each time to see us), attending football games and personally distributing your resume to all of your fellow alumni when you stop by their tail gate parties.
G-Dawg
Hey Ryface- Here's what I found:
Matthew 6:16-18 (avoid display)
Instances of Biblical characters fasting:
Moses -- Ex. 34:27,28
Israelites -- Judeges 20:26
Samuel -- I Sam 7:5-6
David -- 2 Sam 12:16
Elijah -- I King 19:8
Ninevites -- Jonah 3:5-8
Nehemiah -- Neh. 1:4
Darius -- Daniel 6:9,18
Daniel -- Daniel 9:3
Anna -- Luke 2:36-37
Jeus -- Matthew 4:1-2
Early Christians -- Acts 13:2
Apostles -- 2 Cor. 6:4-5
Paul -- 2 Cor. 11:27
hope some of this helps.
Speaking of prayer... seriously,
All of us will need to pray for Travis, Lisa's son, your cousin..Court and Ryan. He is going to Iraq in October. He has been told he will be there for 6 months to a year. He will be sent as a medic. Lisa is distraught, worried, etc. But prayer will be what sustains Ross and Lisa and what we can do for all of them. God is wonderful!!
Love,
Your mom
Post a Comment
<< Home