Saturday, September 10, 2005

Bleedin' Fingers


Well, I have decided that I will become a blues musician. My blues name will be Bleedin Fingers. I got the idea while I listened to the Dawg game today.

I just finished my last canister of O2, and it looks like we squeaked one out. Coach Richt said before the game, "I'll take a one point win." Well, we did better than that. In fact 100% better than that.

After 10 years, we finally beat Dr. Evil between the hedges. Spurrier, never known for his warm Christian love towards Georgia, was the coach of the only team to score 50 points at Sanford Stadium.

I won't be the first person to cast a stone, at least not one for a 2 point win...
But I will be the second or third...

I would like to draw your attention to my "Diagram of an Evil Genius"


Anyways, Thomas Brown gets my Dawg of the game award. Brown ran for a career high 144 yards, and best of all, when he was interviewed after the game, he sounded like Mushmouth. "I-ba was doin' the-ba best-ba I-ba could-ba." (he busted his lip early in the game)

Honorable mention goes to Gordon Ely-Kelso. He had a couple of really long kicks and got some help from the ground trainers. Those are the guys that teach the grass how to give us a good bounce, and a bad one to everyone else.

I believe that he might be moving into the same category as two of the great kickers of our time; Billy Bennett, and the late, great Keith "Special K" Dykes.
Keith is still alive, but "bait" didn't really go well with great.


Has anyone realized that for the last 5 years, this game has been decided in the waning minutes of the fourth, and the winning scores have been less than a touch down?

And what of DJ?
Well Shockley and Mitchell (SC's QB, check your program) both came in as the highest rated QBs, and both left with 2 INTs.
It was just an ugly game. But at least Shockley walked another in...

"walked" should actually have read "flipped."



Arguably the biggest clutch play was the missed extra point early in the game forcing the Cocks to have to go for two later.
Maybe Bobby B. Was able to pass that kind curse off to his old "buddy" from U of F. He didn't seem to suffer from it this year.
Maybe Spurrier will never escape the bad decision he made when he left U of F. Don't worry I won't lose any sleep over it.

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 12, 06:28:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ryan...
My perfect Dawg team....With my hero, Steve Superior at the helm!! You know I love the Dawgs and I have always loved Steve..visor,belt, shoes and all.

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home